Monday, August 3, 2009

A Very Fine Week Indeed

Wow did I have a good time this past week. There is no question I am blessed when it comes to family. My mom coming home was every bit as wonderful as I thought it would be (and my expectations were rather high considering I was so excited I couldn’t fall asleep until somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m. Monday night.).

It was so awesome to spend so much time with Lani and Steve! Well, and with everybody! Timpanogas cave was great (even with the niece and nephews’ last minute wimp out and my old man knees on the way down). The baby shower…exciting stuff! Lani and Steve are going to be awesome parents.

Not sure if I buy into the Korean culture enough to start using a Korean pillow, but all the souvenirs were way cool too. Never thought my parents would own a GONG…

Well…something bad did happen this past week. On Friday night, just before Lani and Steve said their final good-byes prior to heading back to Germany, I experienced what is probably the worst injury yet sustained in my adult life. Not much more than a minute into a basketball game with Randy, Jared and Steve, I went chasing after the ball and somehow managed to take a dive into the parents’ driveway. Not a cool thing when you leave a skid mark made of your own skin on the concrete. Don’t expect skin grafts will be needed, but I will likely have a scar on my left elbow for the rest of my life…and may be a while before I can participate fully in yoga again.

On the plus side, looks like I’ll always have a story to tell about that exciting week spent playing with my family:)

The pillow. Essentially, a decorated rock...but it does have a cool spot for stashing your money.

My bro laughing at me while I try out the pillow. No it is NOT comfortable, contrary to the smile on my face.

Baby sister expecting a baby.

Caleb beating up Grandpa Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment