Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It’s just not fair…

So, yeah, I banged up my elbow pretty badly over the weekend. My safety record is pretty good considering this is probably the most serious injury I’ve had…since I was like 3 years old.

Well, this week at work insult was added to injury. Literally. Talk about a double standard. Apparently, the safety guy is not allowed to get hurt. Even my friend Dusty started laughing when he saw my bandage.

To all my coworkers (who may or may not even realize this blog exists)…I have this to say: Think of all the times I have been there for you. Think of all the times I came rushing to your aid when you got injured at work, and often even drove you to the hospital myself. And think of all the times I’ve done my best to make sure we could find some light duty job for you to do because of that dumb thing you thing you did at home…because you were…well…let’s face it…more than a little wasted. In all those occasions, did I ever once laugh at you or worse…call you a DUMB ASS?

Well, come to think of it. I probably did. But I never did it to your face…

No comments:

Post a Comment