Monday, November 2, 2009

At the end of the tunnel...there's a light!


As much as I love Halloween (one of the best holidays of the year in my book), I can’t deny I’m very grateful October is over and November is here. November is usually not my favorite month, and I guess it still isn’t, but I’ve been looking forward to this one (with both gratitude and trepidation) for quite some time.

In three weeks, I take my CIH exam. Okay, three weeks from tomorrow. Since I still have a lot of study material to digest, part of me wishes it was further out, but for the most part I’m really grateful to know that this crazy lifestyle of work, work-out, then study until your brains are fried…is coming to an end...well...the fried brains part at least.

The exam is tough…8 hours long…with only a 30 to 40% pass rate among a candidate pool where about 90 % have master’s degrees, but, I think I’ve been studying intelligently, and I suspect my odds of passing are at least 50/50. Not the end of the world if I don’t pass, as I will be able to sit for the exam in another 6 months, and having experienced the exam should make any future studying substantially easier (always helps when you know what you need to know), but it sure would be nice to have this particular project behind me. Either way…it will be a very thankful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment