Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I did not know that-Yo no lo sabía

This past Sunday morning I had a very pleasant surprise when I went for a morning walk (wimpy workouts are still workouts). On my way home I saw 2 baby deer and a mama deer going down a back-road behind the complex where my condo is located. The deer “beat me home” but fortunately stuck around long enough for me to grab my camera.

Por la mañana el domingo pasado, tuve una sorpresa muy agradable cuando fui a un paseo (el ejercicio débil es todavía ejercicio). En mi camino a casa he visto dos ciervos pequeños y una mamá viajando del callejón detrás del complejo donde se encuentra mi apartamento. Los ciervos "ganarme a casa", pero, afortunadamente, quedan de suficiente tiempo para que obtener mi cámara.


When I approached the baby deer, they were separated from their mother by a fence, and “trapped” behind the complex. Very cute deer, as you can see from the photos. But, also very frightened deer. They really missed their mama.

Cuando me acerqué a los ciervos bebés, fueron separados de su madre por una cerca, y "atrapados" por detrás del complejo. Ciervos muy lindos, como usted puede ver en las fotos. Pero, también ciervos muy asustados. Realmente perdido su mamá.



As I was capturing the deer for posterity, I noticed what sounded like the chirping of an obnoxious bird. But, as I watched closely, I realized that the mouth of one of the babies was moving concurrently with the noise. It was then I learned for the first time in my life that deer chirp. Well, at least baby deer chirp when they miss their mama.

Cuando yo estaba capturando los ciervos para la posteridad, me di cuenta de lo que sonaba como el gorjeo de un ave incómodo. Pero, como he visto de cerca, me di cuenta de que la boca de uno de los bebés se mueve simultáneamente con el ruido. Fue entonces que aprendí, por primera vez en mi vida, que los ciervos gorjean. Bueno, al menos los ciervos pequeños gorjean cuando pierdan su mamá.

After taking these photos I "frightened" them back to their mom.

Después de tomar estas fotos los asustado de vuelta a su mamá.

No comments:

Post a Comment