Sunday, July 19, 2009

Awakening my Inner Nerd-Despertar mi ganso interior

In reflecting upon this past week, I’m quite pleased with myself. I did spend a LOT of time studying. I also did some other cool stuff too, like catching up with an old friend, finally finishing up a set of Spanish flashcards (been working on them for months, amounts to about 3000 new words), and watching some good old TV.

Al reflexionar sobre la semana pasada, estoy muy satisfecho conmigo mismo. Lo hice pasar mucho tiempo estudiando. También hizo algunas otras cosas también, como ponerse al día con un viejo, por último llegar al acabado de un conjunto de tarjetas español (yo estaba trabajando en ellas durante meses, con mas de 3000 nuevas palabras), y ver la televisión.

My internet died Tuesday night, so I was somewhat limited in the amount of time I spent online. But, I had a friend come over just to hang on Wednesday, and said hi (through the magic of text messaging ) to another good friend I hadn’t touched base with in a long while.

Mi internet apagó el martes por la noche, así que estaba algo limitado en la cantidad de tiempo que pasé en línea. Sin embargo, tuve un amigo venir a pasar tiempo el miércoles, y dijo hola (a través de la magia de la mensajería de texto) a otro buen amigo que yo no había hablado en mucho tiempo.

About the studying, no, it’s not especially fun. But, wow do I feel better. Probably in my last post I made too big of a deal out of studying for the CIH. But, there definitely has been a lot of tension associated with getting the ball rolling, and now it is.

Concerniente el estudio, no, no es especialmente divertido. Pero, qué me siento mucho mejor. Probablemente, en mi último post hice demasiado grande de un trato de estudiar para el CIH. Sin embargo, no ha sido definitivamente un montón de tensión asociados a obtener el balón rodando, y ahora lo es.

Some other cool stuff to talk about as well. Got the first photos of my youngest nephew this week. Apparently, since Stephanie was born almost 16 years ago, nephews are all I get. But I love them all.

Algunas otras cosas para hablar también. Obtuve las primeras fotos de mi sobrino más joven esta semana. Al parecer, ya que Stephanie nació hace casi 16 años, sólo tengo sobrinos. Pero me encanta a todos.


Colin's First Photo-La Primera Foto de Colin

My little sister Lani will be coming from Germany to visit next week (actually, she arrives this Friday). I’m way excited to see her. Will be strange to see her all pregnant looking and what not, but I’m sure she’s still just as cute as ever.

Mi hermana pequeña, Lani, se procedentes de Alemania a visitar la próxima semana (en realidad, llega este viernes). Estoy emocionado a verla. Será extraño verla embarazadas, pero estoy seguro de que está todavía tan linda como siempre.

And then, the Tuesday after that, something perhaps even more exciting. My parents come home from their mission to Korea.

Y luego, el martes después, tal vez algo aún más emocionante. Mis padres vienen a casa de su misión a Corea.

So, back to studying and becoming one with my inner nerd. When life is this good, living up to my nickname (that would be Zeke the Geek)…is not a problem.

Por lo tanto, volver a estudiar y comunicar con mi ganso interior. Cuando la vida es buena, viviendo por mi apodo (que sería Zeke the Geek) ... no es un problema.

No comments:

Post a Comment