Friday, October 9, 2009

I love you mom!

About a week ago my mom had knee surgery (yes, I do have her genes…and bad knees). Anyway, I got this really cool phone call from her shortly afterward. She wanted to let me know she’d gotten through the surgery okay and to let me know that she loved me. Well, what was really neat is how many times she told me she loved me during the phone call. I’m thinking at least a dozen. Granted, she was fairly medicated and probably had had quite a bit of anxiety associated with the surgery, but it was cool and good to hear from her.

Well, I spoke with her again last night. She is doing much better and getting around just fine. We had a good chat. I told her about my car breaking down on Tuesday and how much I’d stressed over whether or not to buy a new car. Decided I definitely DO NOT want car payments again anytime soon and that gambling with another $1500 or so invested in repairing old blue was the best bet. We also talked about my step dad being sick, and how when I’d talked with him Tuesday night he had seemed confused (he answered her cell phone-and when I asked to speak with my mom after a good chat, gave me the number to his cell phone to call her). She told me that after I spoke with him, he’d told her (my mom) one of her sisters had called, so no mention of me or my whining about my car. He’s a sharp guy…so definitely on the sick side that night.

Our conversation last night ended with my mom telling me she loved me again, and since I’d teased her about the conversation the previous week, she tried to tell me she loved me a few extra times in saying goodbye. Unfortunately, I hit the wrong button on my cell phone and hung up on her right in the middle of an “I love you.” Oops. So mom, if you read this: Sorry for hanging up…and I love you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment