Monday, April 19, 2010

¡Me gusta mucho la primavera!

It’s definitely true. Every bit as much as I hate cold weather…I LOVE SPRING!

I realize this warm weather the past few days may be a bit of an aberration…but it was definitely worth enjoying, and I am ever so glad I had the day off work today.

I’m also really getting to like this new T-town. The river is awesome. A three-city bike tour on Saturday afternoon (okay, Murray and West Jordan aren’t really all that far), and then roller-blading today. It was fun!

Being in a new home (for me) has also made this spring special. I admit, buying the lawn mower was a lot more fun than actually using it, and I’m sure it will eventually seem like much more of a chore than an adventure, but is so nice to have “my space” outside. On Saturday morning, after pruning the trees a bit more (I cut down a dead branch almost 5 inches in diameter all by myself) I decided to just lay down on the grass and take it all in. I think I spent about 20 minutes listening to and watching the birds that have chosen to share my home.

Hmmm…I think I may be a little high on this spring thing right now…but ah well.

I guess I’ll end this with some photos…of the flowers…in my yard…the ones I didn’t have to plant at all…






No comments:

Post a Comment